Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Cops Are Not From Hot Fuzz


Place: Westminster, London, England
Event: Coherent Arrival in London

Having arrived two days ago, I feel finally ready to write something - anything, really - about London that hopefully not will be colored by the exhaustion of jet lag.

When I first arrived after a nine hour flight, I thought I wasn’t tired, but fell asleep at only 7 pm London time. I woke up an hour and a half later, but I was so disoriented that I thought it was already 8 am the next morning, and it wasn’t until we were walking down the street to the grocery store that I realized it was dark outside and that I hadn’t actually managed to sleep a full 13 hours. I don’t remember too much of that night past that point.

In the last two days, I have managed to align myself mentally with a good idea of the local area, and how to walk pretty much wherever I want. Accidentally blew out my straightener this morning, so I went to purchase a new one along with a camera charger for my camera - so I can officially take photos now!

Places I’ve Visited:
-GiL Site
-Picadilly Square
-Buckingham Palace (outside only)
-Soho

Still, I am waiting for every cop in their bulletproof vest to actually be Simon Pegg.

No comments: